5 Tips to be a Successful Home Seller
The summer home-selling season is upon us.
There are small things you can do to ensure that you get the most from the sale of your house. The process can be stressful, but having a game plan can help ensure a winning outcome.
Five tips to help you be a successful home seller:
1. Start with a Plan. Setting a realistic timeline will help you prioritize your home repairs and sensibly plan organizing and downsizing activities.
2. Understand the Market. Interview a few real estate agents to learn your home’s value in today’s real estate market.
3. Clear the Clutter. Now is the time to get rid of unwanted items that you will not bring with you to your new home.
4. Make a Good First Impression. You want your home de-personalized so the prospective buyer can envision themselves living there. Store non-essential items like family photos, collectibles, and other memorabilia.
5. Price Your Home Right. Pricing your home correctly allows you to sell in the shortest amount of time for the best possible price. Avoid chasing the market by pricing your home too high, which may lead to multiple price reductions as your house spends an extended amount of time on the market.
As you consider a move to a senior community, you can be confident that the sale of your home will be in expert hands. Your community has partnered with Moving Station, the leader in senior relocation, to offer white-glove service as you navigate the sale of your home. Since 1995, we have succeeded in helping 47,000+ seniors across the country sell their homes in half the time, on average nationally. We provide insight and oversight to ensure that your home is effectively positioned to sell in the shortest amount of time at the best possible price.