Fall Home Sale Tips
October 1, 2018
If you have a home to sell, you do not need to wait for spring to roll around.
Spring and summer are often considered to be the best time to sell your home. However, many areas of the country experience robust fall home sales as well. Fall homes sales can be brisk and you may benefit from the lower amount of inventory on the market.
Homes are bought and sold all year long — so remember serious buyers are always out there looking. In addition, the best agents may have more time to focus on your home if they do not have as many active listings as they do during peak seasons. In addition, the home sale transaction may be faster due to a decrease in activity among mortgage lenders, home inspectors, and other moving-related businesses.
Although regions differ, fall weather allows buyers an enjoyable time to go house hunting. If a home has lingered on the market since summer, it is not uncommon for it to be sold in September or October to buyers who viewed it during the warmer months. If you are listing in the fall, make sure you make most of the cooler weather and showcase the season inside and outside your home.
Five fall home sale tips:
- Rake the leaves – clean up your yard for curb appeal
- Make the most of the autumn weather – simmer cinnamon sticks for a warm and inviting scent
- Highlight the fireplace — let potential buyers envision themselves next to a warm fire
- Keep the home bright — turn on all lights inside and out
- Change your furnace filter — to circulate fresh air throughout your home