A Successful Home Sale is No Small Feat
July 1, 2019
Selling a home is time-consuming, emotional, and complex.
If it has been a while since you last sold a home, you might be surprised that a recent survey found, “Selling a home is one of the most stressful experiences in modern life, second only to relationship break up.” At Moving Station, we support the home sale process by providing in-depth market insights, real estate expertise and advocacy.
A successful home sale process should include:
- Researching real estate agents who have sold homes recently in your neighborhood
- Selecting the right real estate agent who appreciates and communicates your home’s appeal
- Evaluating the agent’s skill at marketing your home, including photos and listing remarks
- Decluttering, depersonalizing, and neutralizing your home to appeal to a broad array of buyers
- Enhancing the exterior of your home to maximize curb appeal
- Pricing your home correctly from the start – buyers are most aware of your home during its first two weeks on the market
- Monitoring comparable listings to remain competitive
- Soliciting feedback on how your home is being perceived by potential buyers and other agents, and adapting your marketing strategy accordingly
“Why do this alone?” said Moving Station President/CEO Daniel B. Amdur. “Each family is partnered with one of our Personal Relocation Managers to provide the highest level of customer advocacy and service. Personal Relocation Managers offer a wealth of knowledge, guidance, and comfort to help future community residents navigate the complex home sale process.”
5 Tips for a Successful Home Sale
- Select an agent who is confident and prompt
- Price your home correctly from the start
- Refresh your front entrance for a great first impression
- Have half-empty closets
- Monitor new listings that enter the market
As you prepare to move into your new home, experience a smooth home sale by utilizing the assistance of a Personal Relocation Manager, a benefit from your new community. Personal Relocation Managers guide you through the relocation process and help you make smart decisions to save you time, money, and unnecessary stress.